In addition to being a wonderfully fun fish to catch, Pompano are both delicious and versatile. Below is one of our favorite Pompano recipes.
Grilled Pompano with Tangy Ginger Sauce
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 2 TBSP freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 TBSP finely grated ginger
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 pompano fillets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro
1. Light grill.
2. In a small bowl, mix sugar, lime juice, ginger, soy sauce and garlic.
3. Season the pompano fillets with salt and pepper and grill over a hot fire for about 3 minutes per side, or until just cooked through. Transfer the fish to a platter or plates.
4. Spoon the sauce over the top, garnish with the cilantro and serve.